PDA

View Full Version : SBA Tour speaker

EK.Bee
07-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Can someone post a list of Graham Royale's SBA lectures: Associations,Dates & Lecture titles please?
Thanks

I know he's at CABA (Heart of Scotstoun Centre, Balmoral street Scotstoun at 7pm on 30th Sept)
"Apis through the looking glass" but hope to also catch him elsewhere

EK.Bee
08-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Going to answer my own thread :o Alan Riach told me its in the magazine which in my defense I haven't had a moment to open

Wed 30th Sept CABA 7.oo pm Apis through the looking glass
Thursday 1st Oct Lochaber BKA 7.00 Q rearing to improve stocks
Fri 2nd Oct Dingwall & District If Heath Robinson had been a beekeeper
Mon 5th Oct Moray BKA It shouldn't happen to a beekeeper
Tue 6th Oct Perth & District The work of Karl von Frisch
Wed 7th Oct Border BKA The Colony Mind

Wouldn't it be great if the SBA recorded these & sold disks /sticks/downloads to those who couldn't
travel the distances to catch more than one lecture?

gavin
08-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks EK. Haven't opened mine yet either. A great set of titles.

Is that you offering a professional video service for the SBA? Free on YouTube would be my preference, like the UK National Honey Show talks.

EK.Bee
08-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Afraid not, but I'd be happy to pay around £10 for a DVD
I guess uploading to youtube would mess up the speakers material for future lectures
I do think there would be a demand from other SBA members for copies of lectures?
Pretty sure Enid could find space for a few extra disks on her stall ?

Kate Atchley
09-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Can someone post a list of Graham Royale's SBA lectures: Associations,Dates & Lecture titles please?
Thanks

I know he's at CABA (Heart of Scotstoun Centre, Balmoral street Scotstoun at 7pm on 30th Sept)
"Apis through the looking glass" but hope to also catch him elsewhere

Sympathise with the "no time to open the mag". It's on p284 September TSB but I don't seem able to attach a pdf for you as it's too large. I'll email it to Gavin asking him to exercise his magic wand.

masterbk
10-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Graham Royle ?

gavin
10-09-2015, 07:46 PM
That's the one, Graham Royle of Cheshire.

gavin
10-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Afraid not, but I'd be happy to pay around £10 for a DVD
I guess uploading to youtube would mess up the speakers material for future lectures
I do think there would be a demand from other SBA members for copies of lectures?
Pretty sure Enid could find space for a few extra disks on her stall ?

The demand for DVDs would probably not be that great, not enough to make it cost effective. However as a labour of love and making it widely available, that could work. The speakers might or might not be sensitive to having their talks available in either medium. Jamie Ellis seems happy to have his recent UK talks out there.

alclosier
12-09-2015, 04:33 PM
I would have liked the you tube option too. Maybe an idea for next year?