PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessment.

Greengage
20-08-2015, 07:52 AM
I hope this is the right place for this. Has anyone written a risk assessment for keeping bees in a public park, where members of the public have access to the bees through fence with a large window.

busybeephilip
20-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Personally I'd stay clear of this, to much risk, you might need "approval" from your insurance provider

Jon
20-08-2015, 10:01 AM
The risk would be as much to your hives as to the public. Unprotected hives in a public site tend to attract vandalism from teenagers.

Greengage
20-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Without giving away too much Insurance is not a problem, they are enclosed but public have access to them in a walled garden during opening times, there are a number of public parks in the Dublin area with beehives which public can view bees at work. While we do have a risk assessment I was curious to know what others have ,I could put it up here if you are interested and suggestions for improvement.

alclosier
20-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Greengage, I have a generic assessment for one of my sites. I can give you a copy if you want. The only reason I did this was because the landowner needed one as part of their own hs process. Pm me if you want it.