PDA

View Full Version : Where is the wettest place in Scotland?

Jon
01-08-2015, 10:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33746248

The Drone Ranger
01-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Greenock must be near the top of the table
I worked on checking and testing switchgear for a substation at Devol Moor in the 1970's
It rained nearly every day except when it was drizzling
One or two days were considered great weather when we only had fog

gwizzie
02-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Under a waterfall LOL

fatshark
02-08-2015, 10:03 PM
I worked on checking and testing switchgear for a substation at Devol Moor in the 1970's
It rained nearly every day except when it was drizzling
One or two days were considered great weather when we only had fog

Ha! I lived in Kilmalcolm, a village in the lee of Devol Moor, for about 8 years ('98-'06). If you're there long enough you can get some beautiful days there. I used to mountain bike or walk over that moor, and watch the hen harriers ... good times.

(Writing this in Fife where it's pishing down).

HJBee
02-08-2015, 10:04 PM
I'm in Quarriers FatShark and its DRY! Lol

gavin
02-08-2015, 10:07 PM
(Writing this in Fife where it's pishing down).

Look out for that IBC of mine floating past the window. There's plenty of air in it now :).

The Drone Ranger
02-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Its raining now right enough
Got away with it most of the day
I must have picked a bad 6 months to be at Devil Moor
You don't get a chance to enjoy the place when you are working

Feckless Drone
03-08-2015, 09:48 AM

As a GMFC supporter and son of the town I have to tell you that Dunoon has much more rainfall than Greenock. But I'm intrigued DR - we had lots of power cuts in the 70's that were blamed on the miners/Heath etc. Is there anything you want to confess?

Jon
03-08-2015, 01:26 PM
This could turn into a 4 Yorkshire men sketch for Scots arguing about who has to stand in the rain for the longest.

My abiding memory of the 2010 Bibba conference in Cahir is Doris Fischler arguing with Andrew Abrahams about which one of them lived on the bleakest island. The trump card was was that one of the islands had trees and the other didn't! Both of them did a presentation at the conference and any beehives looked like they needed a serious weight on top to avoid getting blown into the ocean. Andrew said his bees had learned to fly on the lee side of stone walls.

lindsay s
03-08-2015, 03:16 PM
My abiding memory of the 2010 Bibba conference in Cahir is Doris Fischler arguing with Andrew Abrahams about which one of them lived on the bleakest island. The trump card was was that one of the islands had trees and the other didn't! Both of them did a presentation at the conference and any beehives looked like they needed a serious weight on top to avoid getting blown into the ocean. Andrew said his bees had learned to fly on the lee side of stone walls.
Sorry I couldn’t resist using this photo again.
I was helping Sue yesterday and this swarm that was hived on the 3rd July now has 9 frames of brood so we added a super to give it more room.:)

The Drone Ranger
03-08-2015, 04:49 PM
We had a 9 week strike on the site :)
I was with GEC bu but we stayed off the site anyway