PDA

View Full Version : Did you miss us?!

gavin
03-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Sorry about the down-time. Our web hosting company had a problem with some of their servers and I hope that is the trouble over now.

G.

Stromnessbees
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes, I missed you, glad you are back.:o

gavin
03-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Well, it is lovely to see you back here too Doris. I see that the Bee Improvement magazine report on the Isle of Man meeting has some cracking photos!

Jon
04-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Well, it is lovely to see you back here too Doris. I see that the Bee Improvement magazine report on the Isle of Man meeting has some cracking photos!

Did you knit that jumper yourself Doris? Very stylish.

Stromnessbees
04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
No, I have no time for knitting, Red Cross shop for clothes.:)

Re. article about the Isle of Man: I am annoyed about the articles concerning Harry Owens and the IoM bees supposedly rescuing UK beekeeping. That was not on the cards when I was there in October.

Apparently they have not made much headway since that event. And yet they have such great potential to have a wonderful place for beekeeping there, if only they would concentrate on their Amm and a bit of selective breeding.

Doris

Jimbo
04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Hi Doris,

I would agree they have great potential. (so has Orkney, Mull, Colonsey and other more remote areas of Scotland) In our case it has taken us a few years to get going on selective breeding. The problems we had was the skill levels and desire to do something by the local beekeepers. When we started we had 10 beekeepers in our group with few skills. We are now down to 3 but now more skilled in morphometry and methods of bee breeding. They may still get going yet and rescue UK beekeeping.

Jimbo