PDA

View Full Version : More girls for Gavin!

Kate Atchley
22-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Nine of our local colonies packed tightly in Gavin's car en route for Tayside. He says they all look like Amm but I'm pretty sure they are only 40-70% Amm though yes, they do all look pretty much the same!

Spent yesterday evening deep in bee talk with other locals of a 2-legged species, gazing at overhair length and tomentum width, discussing the pros and cons of queen starter methods, watching videos of bees communicating while Gavin shared his post-Seeley interpretation ... and more. Fascinating.

Wishing you really well with the new project, Gavin, and hope the bees do the business for you!

fatshark
22-04-2015, 06:27 PM
I'm thinking we should run a caption competition for picture 2 …

Roof, Gavin, Gavin, Roof … which shall we pack in the back?

Jon
22-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Method actor Gavin Ramsay demonstrates how a queen wasp overwinters.

gavin
22-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Fantastic! Maybe I should have tucked my legs under ... and worried about a Glen Moidart giant with a massive hive tool coming my way.

Kate, many thanks for your wonderful hospitality :). Great to meet some other local beekeepers too. The bees are now in two new apiaries on the S side of the Tay in the grounds of two country houses. They were pleased to get out, it was a warm day driving over the middle bit of Scotland.

Removing attachments:

Go to the home page of the forum while you are signed in.
> Forum actions
> General settings

Scroll down the boxes on the left.

My settings ..... Miscellaneous ..... Attachments.

You should then see a list of your attachments and you can scroll down, tick the white box on the right of the offending one, then at the bottom you can hit 'delete'. There is also an option to 'show thumbnails' if you can't identify it by name.

I'm not completely sure that will do it, but I can't see another way.

G.

Kate Atchley
22-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Thanks Gavin ... deletion worked! Glad you and the girls safely 'home'.