PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk cover photo

gavin
02-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Morning Folks

For those of you who enjoy your favourite forum via Tapatalk, you've probably noticed that there is a collage of images at the top of the screen. Tapatalk are now offering us the ability to use our own. Does anyone have one which you think would be suitable? Or is there a favourite image already on here somewhere that sums up what goes on within?

We'd need an image without copyright issues and which is a PNG or JPG file with a minimum resolution of 960 x 540.

Gavin

fatshark
02-03-2015, 01:16 PM
I'd go for the image Jon posted of correx roofs (http://www.sbai.org.uk/sbai_forum/showthread.php?1008-Poly-hive-musings&p=20009&viewfull=1#post20009) … a nicely kept apiary, a field of flowering rape in the background, a little ingenuity and about 800 yards of gaffer tape. I think that sums up beekeeping very well.

Jon
02-03-2015, 01:26 PM
LOL. Buts that's not a field of Rape. It's just late evening sun on the pasture.
When I use tapatalk there is a little red SBAI logo which appears.

For a small image you need a picture of something uncluttered such as a queen bee and attendants, a piece of honeycomb, something like that.

Mellifera Crofter
03-03-2015, 11:50 AM
I thought Gavin referred to the mosaic image at the top - not the little logo image. (Gavin?) So you photo should fit - but maybe there are others as well?
Kitta

gavin
03-03-2015, 12:24 PM
I thought Gavin referred to the mosaic image at the top - not the little logo image. (Gavin?) So you photo should fit - but maybe there are others as well?
Kitta

Yes, it is the image behind the logo. The gentlemen of correx were likely just having a laugh. Maybe one of those beehive shots from a low angle with a flurry of workers in the air, or something clearly Scottish (penny-pinching bodges with correx look like an Irish/English characteristic to me!).

Here's a low angle vertigo inducing one, there must be better:

http://www.sbai.org.uk/images/snowdrops%20hive4sm.jpg

Jon
03-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Aha. I'm sure you are right MC. You could put in a bigger image then, but it would need to be one which looked ok with the device held either horizontally or vertically.

Gav. I have loads of images uploaded. You could search through those to see if there is anything suitable.

2202 2203 2204 2205 2206

gavin
03-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Thanks. I'm starting to think that a collage showing the various activities we discuss here is maybe the way to go. That's a pity as it takes extra work ...

fatshark
03-03-2015, 12:57 PM
The gentlemen of correx were likely just having a laugh … penny-pinching bodges with correx look like an Irish/English characteristic to me!

Coming to an apiary near you … sooner than you think ;)

Jon
03-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Scots joking about penny pinching. Must be a sign that the end times are near. Buckle up for the Rapture.

fatshark
03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Scots joking about penny pinching. Must be a sign that the end times are near. Buckle up for the Rapture.

I took the penny-pinching bodges with Correx as a compliment ;)

chris
03-03-2015, 05:47 PM
shots from a low angle with a flurry ..........something clearly Scottish

Gavin, are you thinking of putting a kilt over the hive?

Mellifera Crofter
03-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Aha. I'm sure you are right MC. You could put in a bigger image then, but it would need to be one which looked ok with the device held either horizontally or vertically.

Gav. I have loads of images uploaded. ...

I was going to suggest the queen bee photo on your web site, Jon: http://www.native-queen-bees.com/. It has a certain symmetry to it that might work.

Kitta

gavin
03-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Gavin, are you thinking of putting a kilt over the hive?

Let's get all the stereotypes over and done with in this thread! This guy is American, of course ....

http://sitesbyrobb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/live-bee-removal-by-kilted-beekeeper-Atlanta-Georgia.jpg

Wmfd
07-03-2015, 01:32 PM
OK, I am obviously being a clutz, I can't find the forum on tapatalk!

I've just got a new phone, and I'm trying to set it up.

I can see others but even if I search for SBAi I can't see it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

David

fatshark
07-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Let's get all the stereotypes over and done with in this thread! This guy is American, of course ....

http://sitesbyrobb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/live-bee-removal-by-kilted-beekeeper-Atlanta-Georgia.jpg

What a great photo and an even better outfit … other than those daft little tassels on the things holding his socks up. What's he doing with his left hand? He looks like a referee about to brandish a card … yellow for a ping, red for a sting?

I've just noticed his smoker doesn't have a mesh cage around it … I bet he doesn't hold it between his knees during inspections ;)

Mellifera Crofter
07-03-2015, 03:32 PM
How did you do the search? Looking at Tapatalk now it seems to me you should click on the magnifying glass at the bottom of the Tapatalk Home screen. This will take you to a list of categories. Instead of using the categories, click on the magnifying glass - now at the top of the screen - and type in sbai.

Wmfd
07-03-2015, 06:29 PM
How did you do the search? Looking at Tapatalk now it seems to me you should click on the magnifying glass at the bottom of the Tapatalk Home screen. This will take you to a list of categories. Instead of using the categories, click on the magnifying glass - now at the top of the screen - and type in sbai.

Thanks, I'm doing it that way and get the options of a massage forum(!), the beekeeping forum and something else, no sign of SBAI.

I'm about to try uninstalling and starting again to see if that does it.

Sounds like I'm going in the right direction, just not getting there!

David

Wmfd
07-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Aha, I have just reinstalled and now it is there (lost the massage forum though ;) ).

Somehow it also seems like a newer version of tapatalk with a bit of an odd design.

David

gavin
07-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Careful! No massaging found here but your browsing history may be different from mine .... at least that's my story.

I get SBAi as the third hit in a search for 'beekeeping' but not for 'beekeeper'. Maybe there's something I can tweak for that, but not from deepest Warwickshire.

gavin
07-03-2015, 07:06 PM
I've just noticed his smoker doesn't have a mesh cage around it … I bet he doesn't hold it between his knees during inspections ;)

If he's a real Scotsman that will not bother him. I'm starting to see why some Americans like top entrances.

Mellifera Crofter
07-03-2015, 07:13 PM
... (lost the massage forum though ;) ).

David

I'm glad you found the forum - but I think I now know what happened. There are two tabs to choose from at the end of the final search: Forums and Topics. The Topics tab is headed by something about massage. (Perhaps it contains something about be venom - I did not check.)
Kitta

drumgerry
07-03-2015, 07:14 PM
I have an older version of Tapatalk Pro which now won't let me post pictures. Haven't tried a text only post yet. It will still let me read posts though. I'm a bit worried about installing the new free version of the app as the reviews on the app store are appalling for it. Is anyone using the new version and is it problem free?

brothermoo
08-03-2015, 02:31 AM
Its not problem free.. the feed design is lacking but it seems to run smoothly if that makes sense. .. but I suppose everything has its problems, much like top entrances due to dodgy beekeeping attire

Wmfd
08-03-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm glad you found the forum - but I think I now know what happened. There are two tabs to choose from at the end of the final search: Forums and Topics. The Topics tab is headed by something about massage. (Perhaps it contains something about be venom - I did not check.)
Kitta

Thanks Kitta, I didn't check either, I dread to think!

That could well be it, everything looked different when I reinstalled and all good now.

David

keith pierce
01-04-2015, 11:52 PM

keith pierce
01-04-2015, 11:54 PM
2219[2218

Mellifera Crofter
03-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Lovely photos, Keith. I seem to remember you had some lovely drone photos as well.
Kitta

keith pierce
04-04-2015, 08:41 AM
[attach=config]2220[/attach

Mellifera Crofter
04-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Oh, yes - beauties.
K

keith pierce
04-04-2015, 01:44 PM