PDA

View Full Version : Has buzzybeeshop gone?

drumgerry
25-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Seems to be just a holding page there now.

It'll be a shame if it has closed. I always had good service from them and they always had the best price for Apideas.

Pete L
25-01-2015, 01:09 AM
It'll be a shame if it has closed.

Mark has closed the Buzzybee shop, he announced he was closing several weeks ago, just staying open a short while longer until existing stock was sold.

drumgerry
25-01-2015, 01:15 AM
Ah that's a shame. He was always a reliable supplier for QR kit. Leaves a bit of a gap in the market though I suppose....

mbc
25-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Mann lake do the jzbz stuff cheaper than he did anyway, is this part of the reason he's closing?
I agree it's a shame as I always had good service there and choice is a good thing.

Jon
25-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes a real shame. I had nothing but good service from Mark over the years.

Beeequipped has the cheapest UK based apideas at £19.50.

http://beeequipped.co.uk/component/option,com_marketplace/page,show_category/catid,7/Itemid,29/total,9/ad_type,0/limit,6/limitstart,6/

For larger quantities you will get them cheaper buying direct from Swienty.

drumgerry
25-01-2015, 04:16 PM
That's a good price Jon. Link wasn't working on the phone so found them via Google. Thought the days of not having online ordering were in the distant past. Clearly not! Not sure I could be bothered fannying about phoning them etc etc

Poly Hive
31-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Recently we spent hours on line researching a flight. Eventually on a whim we tried a travel agent and they beat on line by a serious margin. The phone sometimes pays off, big style.

PH

drumgerry
31-01-2015, 10:57 PM
.....but in this day and age any self respecting business should have the option of online ordering to avoid the loss of customers. I take your point that there is on occasion use for a phone (couldn't do without my online 8 ball pool app for example!)

Pete L
31-01-2015, 11:30 PM
The phone sometimes pays off, big style.

I much prefer to order by phone, just bought a load of rather expensive new equipment, could of just clicked the buttons on the website and paid, job done, but by phoning i managed to buy this new equipment £1,100 cheaper than i would of paid by just clicking the buttons, with a bit of friendly haggling.

Edit, and on top of that, free delivery as well, some of it is rather large.

mbc
01-02-2015, 12:06 AM
I much prefer to order by phone, just bought a load of rather expensive new equipment, could of just clicked the buttons on the website and paid, job done, but by phoning i managed to buy this new equipment £1,100 cheaper than i would of paid by just clicking the buttons, with a bit of friendly haggling.

Edit, and on top of that, free delivery as well, some of it is rather large.

Spill the beans Pete, what have you gone and bought?

gavin
01-02-2015, 12:12 AM
I'm guessing a new sawmill :). Or maybe extracting equipment.

Pete L
01-02-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm guessing a new sawmill :). Or maybe extracting equipment.

Sawmill is on the list for next year if all goes well, need a good discount on that as it's the best part of £35,000 list price, won't be pressing no buy it now button on a computer, this was for honey extracting/processing equipment.