PDA

View Full Version : Dissertation research

Stependa
17-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi there,
I’m currently a student studying Digital interaction design at Dundee University, this year I have to from a business plan on a company I would like to start after graduation. I have a passion for teaching and learning and would like to start a company that allows keepers of all ages and skills to share knowledge and passion with each other through a network to get the next generations excited about beekeeping. I would truly appreciate as much insight and reflection from as many bee enthusiasts as possible. I have created a quick survey to start the market research response.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C3WJBS7​

Jon
17-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi. What you are proposing already exists in the form of local beekeeping associations. Scotland has the SBA, N Ireland has the UBKA and INIB, England has the BBKA. Ireland has FIBKA and NIHBS and so on.
These organizations typically charge about £20 per annum for membership and they provide mentoring and access to a beekeeping exam system. The BBKA has around 25,000 members. Some are better than others and it varies from branch to branch.

There are also a huge number of Facebook groups dedicated to sharing beekeeping knowledge as well as forums like this one.