PDA

View Full Version : Module 3 - exam papers?

Mellifera Crofter
18-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Is there anybody with some old Module 3 exam papers who can send me a pdf copy, please? I have copies of the March 2011 paper (Neil posted it on here) and of the November 2012 paper, but if you have any others, that would be a huge help.
Kitta

Neils
19-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Kitta, I'm duty bound to point out that you can buy previous papers. If not from the SBA then at least from the BBKA.

Mellifera Crofter
19-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks Neil - I did not know!
Kitta

The Drone Ranger
19-10-2013, 11:00 AM
some forum this !
surely somebody has this stuff lying around
let's have some community spirit
Can't help myself though never done any exams LOL!

Mellifera Crofter
19-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Don't worry DR - Neil also sent me a private message, and now I know I can buy them as well.
Kitta

The Drone Ranger
19-10-2013, 11:37 AM
It's the principle of the thing Kitta
You have been on here helping and posting hundreds of times can't get a few bits of paper
Other people pop up from nowhere asking for hives bees all sorts and get instant response
Raining again today :)

Mellifera Crofter
19-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Instant response, DR. Neil is trying to help and the others might not have any papers. I'm fine - except for a slight panic about all the Pest and Diseases information to get into my head.

Black Comb
19-10-2013, 11:05 PM
I have some and will send on pm when I find them.
Not responded quickly because I have been out most of day on my bike, wet through with thunderstorm.
BBKa certainly has them, £1 per pop.

For the exam, I recommend Celia Davies book and download all the advisory papers from NBU, they are up to date and cover large parts of the syllabus.

Good luck.

Blackcavebees
20-10-2013, 02:06 AM
Pm sent

Neils
20-10-2013, 02:51 AM
It's the principle of the thing Kitta
You have been on here helping and posting hundreds of times can't get a few bits of paper
Other people pop up from nowhere asking for hives bees all sorts and get instant response
Raining again today :)

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I've been slapped hard, at least south of the border for offering to give people past exam papers on forums before. Or to put it another way, copyright material that the holders want to charge for.

I like not being shouted at so I've simply pointed out an official channel by which previous exam papers can be obtained.

gavin
20-10-2013, 07:21 AM
You're spot on Neil. We shouldn't be making exam papers freely available unless the owners are happy with that, and it seems that they're not.

Mellifera Crofter
20-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Thank you everybody. I've thoroughly learned that I can buy the papers and I understand the reasoning for not wanting it published. Thanks also Black Comb and Neil for trying to help.
Kitta

Mellifera Crofter
20-10-2013, 08:09 AM
... And than you Blsckcavebees. K

ps: another correction - I've used my new smartphone and typing on it is still a problem at times as you can see above, Blackcavebees. K

Black Comb
20-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Both national associations encourage learning and exams. I can not see either of them being so mean as to object to students swopping copies of past papers.
Perhaps Neil came across one of the many pedants that inhabit some other fora!

masterbk
20-10-2013, 11:58 AM
The beekeeping associations make an overall loss on their examinations and assessments. Selling past papers at £1 each is not alot to pay and helps to keep the examination fees down. They would rather not put up the fees as this leads to a drop off in exam entries. Although they are only a few sheets of paper many hours have been spent constructing them. In a way copying them is a form of piracy.

The Drone Ranger
20-10-2013, 12:55 PM
SBA members have supported that charity already
even commercial publications allow 20% to be copied for educational purposes
The SBA mission statement says they educate beekeepers
There is no financial motivation for the copying so piracy is not an issue
what good are past papers to any organisation ? they can't set the same questions again
If there is any piracy I know where I would point the finger
Charities make a loss that's the whole point, people give up time energy and money to support something they believe in
The money people donate is not intended as an investment
Apologies to Neil I see the problem now ---amazing :)

Mellifera Crofter
20-10-2013, 02:46 PM
It would help if the SBA website could mention somewhere that old examination papers are available for purchase. If it's there at all, then I've missed it.
Kitta