PDA

View Full Version : Helping beekeepers find the right price for their honey

Anteis
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Hello,

I am a Belgian beekeeper specialized in the selection of the carnica and mellifera mellifera.

I am setting up a network to help my fellow partners from Bulgaria find the right price for their honey. You can read the whole story here

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-beekeepers-aidez-les-apiculteurs/x/2636862

and leave mesages here, I will try to answer all of them, if many.

Wishing you all the best

Frank Paris Anties.eood

Calum
11-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Hallo Frank,
70000$ seems an awful lot of money.

I know the shipping prices from eastern poland are 50€ per pallet.
not sure how much honey you would get on a pallet, I'm estimating about 150kg max.
A small truck will carry 4 pallets one way from Bulgaria for about 80€/pallet. (Transport oncost of ,25ct per glass). Less if you can get more on a pallet. (I can find out exactly for you if you like)

So being generous, to get your project of the ground you need 3000€ maximum.
You could also request that your suppliers wait for payment (bridging loan effectively) like everyone else on earth does.
Once you sold your honey you get the capital back, so what will you do with all that money after you sold the honey?

Anteis
13-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Hallo Frank,
70000$ seems an awful lot of money.

I know the shipping prices from eastern poland are 50€ per pallet.
not sure how much honey you would get on a pallet, I'm estimating about 150kg max.
A small truck will carry 4 pallets one way from Bulgaria for about 80€/pallet. (Transport oncost of ,25ct per glass). Less if you can get more on a pallet. (I can find out exactly for you if you like)

So being generous, to get your project of the ground you need 3000€ maximum.
You could also request that your suppliers wait for payment (bridging loan effectively) like everyone else on earth does.
Once you sold your honey you get the capital back, so what will you do with all that money after you sold the honey?

Thanks for your comment,
THe problem here is that we're talking about Bulgaria and Bulgarian producers.
Some of them have known me for years, but they will want everything paid right after the truck is ready to go.
I will meet them next week to make sure everything will be ok in the way they will be working this year.
I have a very ineteresting quote for the honeys, they will be happy about it.
But I know, they will tell me again, for the first shipment, they will require everything to be paid before shipping anything.
With the new quotes I have, 70K is even not enough, but I can handle with the difference.
Thanks for your nice comment and I wish you'll have a very quiet end of winter. Very cold here in Belgium after last week when we
had T° around 15C° during the day.

Anteis
13-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your comment,
THe problem here is that we're talking about Bulgaria and Bulgarian producers.
Some of them have known me for years, but they will want everything paid right after the truck is ready to go.
I will meet them next week to make sure everything will be ok in the way they will be working this year.
I have a very ineteresting quote for the honeys, they will be happy about it.
But I know, they will tell me again, for the first shipment, they will require everything to be paid before shipping anything.
With the new quotes I have, 70K is even not enough, but I can handle with the difference.
Thanks for your nice comment and I wish you'll have a very quiet end of winter. Very cold here in Belgium after last week when we
had T° around 15C° during the day.

I would simply add that I wish to extend to another area from Bulgaria where they can only sell their honey for 2 / 3 Lv / Kg.
The money, once the honey is sold, goes back to the producers. The profit goes into this:
- invest in own transport means
- invest in own material to homogenise huge quantities of honey
- import new materials to work more efficiently with the hives , and resell at fair price
- improve quality so the honeys are labelled 'bio' in the near future

Neils
13-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Sounds interesting. Are you going to be doing the bottling/packaging?

I'm definitely envious of the temperatures at the moment.

Keep us informed, please.