PDA

View Full Version : Beefarmers event at SASA, 2/3/13

emcampbell
03-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Just want to say a big thanks to everyone at SASA, SAC (or its new names!), BFA and all the other acronyms i've forgotten !

A great day that aimed to show those in England and Wales how the beefarmers up in Scotland work closely with the various bodies up here. Really good vibe about the place and I think it was a resounding success. Special thanks to Steve Sunderland for keeping everyone on time and everyone at SASA for organising it.

I enjoyed giving a wee talk on our research - I could happily have droned on for a lot longer !

gavin
03-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks Ewan. It is always good to spend time in the company of a bunch of bee farmers. Once upon a time, when I was still a young man and had only been keeping bees for a couple of years, they visited what was SCRI and I had the pleasure of speaking to a whole seminar room full or them all at once.

Do you think that you managed to entice any onto here? The most sensible, rational bee forum in the UK?! ;) That scaling up and marketing section was set up with bee farmers in mind but it hasn't really been used by them (as yet).

G.

PS SAC = SRUC (Scottish Rugby Union Club or something like that .... )

drumgerry
03-03-2013, 12:18 PM
The most sensible, rational bee forum in the UK?! ;)

As evidenced by events this weekend on t'other one eh Gavin?! Sounds like you had an interesting event yesterday and it'd be great if some of the commercial guys joined in here.

gavin
03-03-2013, 03:31 PM
As evidenced by events this weekend on t'other one eh Gavin?! Sounds like you had an interesting event yesterday and it'd be great if some of the commercial guys joined in here.

That boy does indeed need therapy. I'm somewhat surprised that he can be so utterly nasty and still not be banned.

Joining the bee farmers in Edinburgh would have been a lot more fun than trying to protect my reputation over on the other place.