PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 4.2

gavin
03-11-2012, 01:10 PM
We moved up to vB 4.2 this morning. All seems well. Did the 'What's New' tab change place? I see that we get some new tools in the 'Post New Thread' screen and some of them in the 'Quick Reply' one. There seems to be an 'Auto-save' working too, don't remember that before. You can also receive notifications of changes to a thread. The 'Who's Online' feature now gives you some information on Bots - it does for me at least but maybe I'm special!

VBulletin are now promoting their vB 5 so I doubt that we'll see a lot of further improvement with this current paid-for one.

Gavin

gavin
03-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Just updated Tapatalk too for phone users. Seems fine although 'Push notification' (alerts when you have a PM for example) may not be.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Bumble
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM

gavin
04-11-2012, 05:27 PM
I tried it there and it worked for me. When logged out it just lists them and when I logged in it separated off threads which have not been updated since my last visit but which contain posts which have not been read (whilst logged in).

Anyone else have trouble with this? The 'What's New' tab does the same kind of thing - any recent activity rather than just posts.