PDA

View Full Version : Bees in Bulgaria

Hugh
06-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I’ve been living in Bulgaria for the past 2 months and the number of bees here is just unbelievable!:D
They are well fed and healthy, the country side here is stuffed with flowers for them, and there is always something in season for them to work on, and they are so docile and laid back, they just don’t bother whatever happens to them.
I spent today pick grapes and the bees were going mad, loads of juice to feed on. They were crawling across my hands and getting stuck in the juice and few of them had to be rescued by picking them up on your finger and placing them somewhere to dry off. The noise off them was intense, in the UK I would have wanted to have a net on and some gloves but the bees here never got ratty.
So rather than having to feed them up for winter there, they just stuff themselves with grape juice and store that away.
I posted this just to show that bees are doing well in some places. I can’t wait until next year went I’ll get a hive set up over here. :)

Neils
06-10-2012, 05:03 PM
So can we call you uncle Bulgaria now? :D

madasafish
08-10-2012, 02:06 PM
As Bulgaria uses neonicotinoids, the story that bees in Bulgaria are doing well is clearly untrue... :-)

Hugh
08-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Somebody better tell the bees about "neonicotinoids," what every they are, because are loving it here.