and the Orange book that covers modules 5, 6, 7 & 8
Any help and/or advice would be great!
Thanks

Neils
21-09-2012, 02:03 AM
You can get them easily on amazon.

Ruary
21-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Remember the syllabus for the BBKA exams has changed, Yates have a newer edition out.

Adam
21-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Also try Northern Bee Books.
There are some really good notes on the Mid Bucks site for modules 1 - 7. (Bottom RHS of the page. Module 1, Module 2 etc.)
http://blog.mbbka.org.uk/category/education/

Black Comb
22-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Mod 4 no longer exists. Both Yates books have been updated recently so make sure you are buying the latest editions. They normally cost £30 each, you may get a better deal if you buy both. A copy of the old edition of the green book (mods 1'2,3 and 4) is worth buying if v cheap as the mod 4 notes are a good introduction to mod 5.
You will need other books if you are attempting the modules (an expensive business). The reading list has many but lots are out of print, many of the ones marked as current are out of print too.
I would recommend the 2 books by Celia Davis as very useful.

sbamember
22-09-2012, 10:01 AM
You can get them easily on amazon.

Yes I thought it would be that simple too but no, Amazon are out of stock with no indication of when they expect more in and every other supplier I've tried is saying the same sort of thing. There must be old copies out there that the owner would be happy to sell?.........musnt there?

Adam
22-09-2012, 10:43 AM
I've got the old green one and I'm keeping mine :)
(Despite the mistakes).

If you are a member of a beekeeping association, there's a good chance that they will have some of the books in a library that can be borrowed for a few weeks.

Black Comb
22-09-2012, 11:04 AM
As I said, they have recently been brought up to date. The "old copies" are likely to be the old editions.

Northern Bee Books are usually pretty good.